I’m not sure where the quotes originates (George Orwell, maybe?), but it’s always been one of my favorites. Ever since the day I first sat down at a sewing machine, the first time I came across my favorite sewing blogs and exchanged sewing project photos on Flickr, I knew that you, my sewing peeps, were my tribe. There’s just something about the sewing community that screams, ‘I understand’. What better way to express our love of sewing than through sewing memes. Whether they be funny, truthful, hoard-ish, or lean toward the down-right obsessive, the get to the heart of a sewist. Sew on, my sewing tribe and share these sewing memes to your heart’s content while you connect to your own sewing tribe.
- There’s just something about coffee and sewing.
2. Who doesn’t look at their sewing machine like this?
3. We can all admit it’s immediately addicting.
4. Halloween costume sewing is not for the weak.
5. We know it must be done but is anything more painful than having your sewing machine out to be serviced?
6. Sorry, not sorry. I might look like I’m listening but really I’m planning out my next sewing project.
7. Sometimes, we all need a little reminder to stop fretting about our fabric choice and just sew the darn thing.
8. Oh, the horror! Hide the fabric scissors!!!
9. One of my favorite things about sewing, there is never an off-season.
10. Just in case you needed an excuse. Just tell them you’re preparing for the apocalypse.
11. Awkward, but true!
12. You know you can sew it for way less.
13. Sewing is my favorite.
14. A sign of true love.
15. And yet, I still can’t help feeling guilty when he catches me with another fabric package.
16. Just because I sew, doesn’t mean I want to hem your pants. Or curtains. Or make your prom dress for free.
17. Sewing is cheaper than therapy and provides so much pleasure.
18. Finally, if you can’t stop thinking about it . . . just go ahead and make it already. Dinner can wait.
You can never have too many sewing memes so you can be sure I’ll be making more sewing graphics in the future. If you like these, follow along on the Beatnik Kids Instagram account for more! Now get back to sewing!