* This post is part of a paid campaign with Michaels, Plaid Crafts, and Blueprint Social. The opinions and words in this post are all 100% my own.*
After the Christmas decorations come down each year, I struggle with what to decorate with next. When I saw this elegant wooden bird house from Michaels and Plaid Crafts Spring Wood Surfaces, I thought it would be prefect for a winter woodland theme. Together with a few other Plaid products, it can help bridge the gap between winter and spring. A bit of craft paint and some Mod Podge can create a beautiful wooden birdhouse craft that’s sure to bring the feel of softly falling snow into your household.
1. Paint the birdhouse with Steel Gray.
2. Cut coordinating scrapbook paper to fit the birdhouse roof.
3. Apply a moderate layer of Matte or Paper Mod Podge to the roof and spread thin. Layer the paper on top, then add another layer of Mod Podge on top, spreading evenly.
4. Allow to dry and then add a layer, or more of Sparkle Mod Podge, depending on how sparkly you want it to be.
5. Paint a thin layer of Sheer Color Mod Podge over all painted surfaces of the birdhouse, to give it a blue tint.
Pair with other decorative items to create a woodland themed mantel or table display.