Have you started thinking about your Christmas cards yet? They might actually be my very favorite part of the holiday season. I’ve always loved getting Christmas cards. I love getting a little glimpse of our favorite friends and families. Getting to see who added new, chubby baby faces, who’s kids have grown another two inches. I save each and every one that comes through the mail and cherish them until the next batch comes to replace it. On the other hand, I used to feel like putting them together and mailing them out was a chore. That is, until I came upon Minted. Now, I can hardly wait until December to get my cards. I’ve used Minted to create our Christmas cards for the last few years, so when they contacted me to do a review of their new holiday cards for the season, I was on that in less than a minute. Since we haven’t taken our family photos yet, I used a few from the “How To Take Great Sibling Photos” post from last year. Here’s what I found while playing around on their site:
1. Seriously, gorgeous designs. Each of the unique, modern card designs has been designed by exceptional designers Minted has discovered, all over the world. Today I’m featuring a few of my favorites but it was so hard to decide which to include.
2. A plethora of options. You can change the color, the font size and type, as well as the words themselves. Go with “Merry Christmas”, “Happy Holidays”, or if it takes you a wee bit longer to get them in the mail, make it a general “Happy New Year” so you can get them out as late as say . . . February?
3. Photography tools. Use the zoom in, out, rotate left and right, play with color options like black and white or sepia and the greatest thing? Once you’ve uploaded your photo, they’ll let you know if it’s not the best size. Not only that, they then tell you exactly which size it needs to be. No guess work here.
4. High quality printing, lovely weighted card stock, and a matte finish. No flimsy, cheap stuff here. You’ll pay a little extra for the quality, but these cards are professional photo quality prints. The grandparents even framed last year’s card. I’m not kidding. That’s how good they turned out.
5. Details. My favorite part of the process are the details. With Minted you can change the border to be a rounded square, a scalloped edge, a circle, pretty much any shape you’re looking for. Insert more than one photo, add text on the back of the card, or yet another beautiful photo . You can choose your envelope type and add a liner. And my very favorite, save me time option? You can have them print your return address in the location and style of your choice and once you save it, you never have to address another envelope for as long as you send people Christmas cards. You seriously can’t beat that feature in my opinion.
6. Customer service. Your finished design will be proofed by an actual human being before printing. You can even talk with a customer service representative online for a quick answer and nothing is printed until you are 100% happy with your product. If you choose to forgo a full proofing though, you’ll get your cards 2 days faster so if you’re running a wee bit behind, there’s always that and since you can preview everything right on the screen (they’ve got this amazing feature where you can pick a photo and see how it will look in EVERY card design), you can be sure what you see it what you get.
So what I’m saying is, go check them out! I am being compensated for this post, but all opinions are my own, and I was already a big fan before they contacted me. In fact, I was so impressed with the quality of their product and service, I really can’t believe I have already gushed about it here on the blog. Once I get us all together and dressed, and showered, and peanut butter or yogurt mustache free, I’ll be sure to show you all how this year’s card turns out. The first photo in this post was last year’s card and it’s going to be hard to top but with all of the designs available at Minted, I’m sure it’s going to turn out well.